Hosted by Lia of Lost in a Story
Here’s how it works:
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or however many you want! if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or BURN it?
It was a pleasure to burn.
Current Goodreads TBR shelf count: 255
- Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) – KEEP – Of course, I’m keeping it! Piera Forde on YouTube is obsessed with this series and it sounds super interesting and gritty anyway!!
- The Last Magician (The Last Magician, #1) – KEEP – I saw the ARC of the sequel, The Devil’s Thief, just went up on Edelweiss+ but I can’t request it because I haven’t read this yet.. 😦 it’s New York and magicians, so YES PLEASE.
- Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy – KEEP – I love short story collections, but my fave author on the lineup is V.E. Schwab – I love the ADSOM series, and also Vicious!
- Tower of Dawn(Throne of Glass, #6) – KEEP – I’m finally out from my fantasy slump so I’ll be trying to get to this before the ToG final book come out 🙂 I know how long SJM reads can take, haha
- Ace of Shades(The Shadow Game #1) – KEEP – I actually started this already so this one will be off the list pretty soon 🙂 I’m planning to read it with the Owlcrate Book Club!
- Song of the Current (Song of the Current #1) – BURN – Nah, I think I’ll skip…
- First We Were IV – BURN – nope
- Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) – KEEP – again, another series Piera Forde speaks very highly of! It sounds very interesting, and I’m guilty of wanting to pick it up even more after seeing what Pierce Brown looks like, LOL.
- The Five Daughters of the Moon (The Waning Moon, #1) – BURN – I haven’t heard anything about it, and I can’t find it at any Barnes & Noble so I’ll just skip.
- – BURN – #9 sequel
- 99 Percent Mine – KEEP – It’s by Sally Thorne who wrote The Hating Game so yess… now I just have to wait until it’s actually out. And I’m so excited for the cover reveal 🙂
- And I Darken(The Conqueror’s Saga, #1) – KEEP – found a copy at Ollie’s so I think I’m going to try and see if I like it. It’s pretty popular in the YA world so I want to know what all the fuss is about
- Nemesis(Nemesis #1) – BURN – sounds good, but it also sounds pretty predictable?
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) – BURN – I knowww it’s written by Leigh Bardugo but I don’t really like that it stray wayyyy too far from canon.
- Grimm Fairy Tales: Myths & Legends, Volume 1 – BURN – I like the idea of fairy tales in manga/comics form (kind of like the Manga Classics by UDON Entertainment) but the quality of cover art is definitely misleading!
- The Master and Margarita – KEEP – sounds good so I’ll try it! I forgot who recommended this to me on #bookstagram, it might have been @darkfaerietales_ but I’m not sure. I remember I ask for a Russian recommendation
- Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) – KEEP – I have book 1 & 2 so yeah, I better read it before book 3 come out!
- The Waking Land (The Waking Land, #1) – BURN – I read the sampler that came in my Fairyloot but it sounds like a pretty typical fantasy plot so forget it..
We’ll stop there for now 🙂 It’s past 2 am here so I better read some before I go to sleep!
New shelf count: 247 🙂
Have you read any of the books I burned and liked it?
Or have you read any of the books I kept and didn’t like it?
What’s your current Goodreads TBR count?