Official rules found on The Global Aussie
First of all – thank you to Bree of In Love & Words for nominating me for The Liebster Award – you should totally check out her blog if you haven’t yet. FUN FACT: her blog name is a play on the saying “all’s fair in love & war” – now if that didn’t convince you yet (I mean, it’s genius!) to visit her blog, I don’t know what will 😉
Second of all, how great is the book bloggers community???! All this tagging business is super fun and exciting. I have to admit, I kind of have to start typing this out at 1am because of the endless book blogs links I clicked through!!
Now the rules:
- Thank the blogger – again, thank you Bree! – who nominated you and provide a link to their blog/post
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions
- Come up with your own set of 11 questions to be answered by your nominees
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing – don’t forget to tag them, provide a link to their blogs – let them know!!
Bree’s 11 Qs and my 11 As:
Lovely questions BTW, Bree!
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
Not only do I love to read, but I also love to talk/write about the books I’ve read. Too often, I will read and remember a book but sometimes, I do forget the specific aspects I loved about the book. I think that by being too generic in my memory, I don’t give the book justice. By blogging, not only does my content matter to those who are going to read it (plus me!), I also get to explore deeper about the reasons why I like a particular book, and it’s a plus when I get to interact with fellow readers!!
2. What are your Top 5 favorite romance novels.
It’s got to be Pride & Prejudice and Emma by Jane Austen, Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern, and Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
3. Who are 3 of your insta-buy authors?
John Green, Jeff Zentner, and E. Lockhart.
4. What type of blog posts do you like to read the most?
Book reviews of books I’ve read. I’ve been curious about this for a long time, is it just me or do most readers of book reviews just like to read reviews of books they’ve already read? After I finish reading a book, I actually actively look for book reviews of that book. It’s like, all that time I’m reading the book I put myself in a prison and then suddenly the bars are up, and I’m free!!
5. What type of blog posts do you like to write the most?
I absolutely love writing book reviews!! My favorite part is pulling out select quotes from the book/s and somehow integrating them with what I’m saying on my review/s.
6. What is the last book you purchased and why?
Today, I pre-ordered Daughter of the Siren Queen – mostly because Owlcrate sent an email out today about exclusive pre-order goodies and the limited quantities phrase is ALWAYS a surefire way to get me to do something.
7. What was your favorite blog post that YOU’VE written in 2017?
I didn’t start this blog till this year and apparently I’m mostly MIA on my other blogs in 2017 (blame first year in the working world!!) – but I’m quite proud of my guest blog post over at my friend Maggie’s Foodie For You blog.
8. What do you do for a living?
I’m an accountant! I love the numbers and the story they tell (although work still get a bit stressful at times).
9. Approximately how many books do you read in a week?
At my current rate, 2-3 books per week! How about adding me on Goodreads, while you’re at it?
10. Do you write reviews for every book you read? If not, what determines whether you write a review or not?
Yes – I’m on track for my 2018 reads so far. But previously, no. Generally, in the past, I review books that are classics or have some buzz about them, most especially those adapted to film.
11. What is your dream job?
In the near future, I would love to work and specialize in tax at one of the Big Four Accounting firms. Long term-wise, I would love to own a bookstore and maybe create my own bookstore franchise, I have plenty of ideas already!
I ask the following 11 things:
I tried to come up with unique questions, but I really am curious about all your answers!! Thank you in advance 🙂
- What are your top 3 favorite #bookstagram accounts?
- If you can name your child/pet after a book character, what will be the name of your child/pet?
- What is the date stamp on the first post of your current blog?
- What are your top 2 underrated recommended reads?
- What are some features you wish more bookstores would have? This can either be something that’s already present but generally not, or something you’ve never seen.
- Name your top 5 book boyfriends/girlfriends.
- Let’s have some fun. Do, date, or ditch your answers to Q6. Since there are only 3 categories, the 2 you don’t mention you automatically ditch 😉
- Write one favorite book quote, include author and name, and why?
- Name a buzz book/super popular book you think is overrated.
- What’s one song that reminds you of a particular book, and what book does it remind you of?
- If a book you liked is made into a movie, include pictures of your ideal cast for at least 2 of the characters. You can pick a book that’s already been made into a movie if you think some other actors/actresses could have played the role/s.
Next on the hot seat…
- Maegan of Of Stranger Worlds
- Stephanie of hidingbehindthepages
- Sumaya of Sue’s Reading Corner
- Jesse of Books at Dawn
- Fernanda of The Wanderlust Reader
- Cassidy of Cassidy’s Bookshelf
- Chaz of Life of Chaz
- Briennai of Bri’s Book Nook
- Jess of Where the Bookends
- Jasmine of singprettyreadbooks
- Karen Jo of Sincerely Karenjo
If I didn’t tag you, please feel free to answer any or all of the questions in the comments anyway (if you do, I’ll most likely follow you too!)
P.S. Bree, I didn’t know if the rules allow for me to nominate you back so I didn’t – but I would love it if you can answer my Qs too!! Oh you know, just me being nosey back, haha.
And thus… I live happily ever after. THE END.